The Wheel Of Motives™
Successful brands are alive. They talk the language that is shared by everyone, our lingua franca, instantly identifiable and viscerally comprehensible. BRAND AVIATORS™ have decoded this language and help clients around the world bring brands to life.
Underlying all human behaviour are 12 Fundamental Human Motives that have helped us survive and thrive. Establishing the links among many disciplines and approaches BRAND AVIATORS™ have captured our Fundamental Human Motives at the deepest levels of the their deployment all the way from their biological necessity and survival value through to the neurosystems they engage in our brain; the cognitive operations and psychological states they activate; the major sociocultural reinforcers they prompt; and the rich hierarchy of inherent concepts they infuse into our everyday life.
Some need segmentation tools based on psychology miss major brain systems and operations that have helped us survive and thrive, mix brain processes such as stimulation with social by-products such as status, psychological states and fundamental motives showing little understanding of the relative importance and interrelations of the inherent concepts of mind, and confusing concepts of various neuropsychological territories that may cause a dilution of the essence of a brand or position a brand on a less profound territories.
While the models employed by most multinationals to shape brand strategy are based on traditional motivation theories and psychology, such as Jungian or Adlerian psychology, ignoring the contribution of modern sciences such as affective neuroscience and cognitive linguistics to understanding the architecture of our behaviour, planned by nature to guide us through the world, BRAND AVIATORS™ use a comprehensive model having an evolutionary foundation and a multidisciplinary approach enabling marketers to build consumer propositions that activate the very forces of life.
The Wheel Of Motives™ offers considerable advantages over the brand strategy models currently used by multinational companies as it:
- Captures the irreducible parts of human nature, the very forces of our life, and their rich hierarchies of inherent concepts in our mind to help build brands and concepts that feel alive as they germinate the bare patterns in our mind through their own unique codes
- Goes beyond the chaotic world of emotions to reach back to their origins, the way they come into being, and the way they are experienced biologically and psychologically, thus establishing their hierarchies to build the deepest, most subtle, and most relevant narratives with instant appeal
- Helps translate brand strategy into ownable executions with panhuman relevance, based on the profound code, the source code of our behaviour
- An understanding of the fundamental routes through which emotions arise brings efficiency, clarity, order and predictability to our strategies. Psychological theories are subjective. Biology and affective neuroscience are, by their nature, more objectively scientific. By utilizing them in marketing, we can create universal truths that have the power to characterize the species.
Use The Wheel of Motives to:
1. Capture and quantify the deepest human motives driving sales and profit in the category
2. Decode the meaning systems competitor brands use within the communication space of the category
3. Decrypt the essence of your brand and imprint it onto the inherent concepts of mind
Follow the neurobiological origins of concepts and the tracks our mind uses to create reality and see your brand fly.